Monday, September 6, 2010

Concert Review: Dave Matthews Band

Better late than never! A couple Saturdays ago, Mike, Sean, Erin and I went to Shoreline Amphitheater to see The Dave Matthews Band. I haven't seen them since high school and trust me, it was everything that I remembered it to be!

We had a bit of a run-in with the police before the show... we got there with plenty of time to tailgate, however, they came by and told us that we needed to pour our alcohol out! We were told that you're allowed to tailgate, but you are not allowed to tailgate with alcohol. Now, I suppose this makes sense in my head (you know, the whole drunk in public thing) but I have never been somewhere that they've actually enforced it! Here we are before the show:



Before the show, Erin and I bought tshirts (come on, what kind of summer concert is it if you don't buy a tshirt?!) while the boys bought beers. I was super excited... Dave even played my most favorite song, "Crush"! The show was wonderful... they played for hours and hours! The opening act had a fantastic brass section who came back out mid-concert to do a little jam session. If you have ever heard DMB live, you'll know that these little jam sessions are just about the best thing about their shows!

No comments:

Post a Comment