Friday, October 5, 2012

Things I Love: Wilson Sleek Cell Phone Signal Booster

You all know I live in a fairly rural area and work in the city. I spend about two hours a day in the car. Those of you who have ever called me during my commute know that about seven or eight times in that trip I usually lose cell reception.

I decided to give the Wilson Sleek a try.

I'm typically a little leery of those "as seen on TV" products, but this is one that actually works! First of all, it's super easy to install. I took a little more time because I ran the wires all nice under the plastic pieces. I bought the goose neck suction cup thingy for my window because I don't really have a great flat spot on my dash.

I was amazed at how well this thing works! There is still one spot on my drive that I drop calls, but this does exactly what it says - it takes everywhere that there is signal and amplifies it. You can't make something out of nothing, so that one spot must have absolutely no signal (it's right when you're behind a hill, so I suspect that the signal gets blocked).

This has made my drive much nicer (now I can listen to music OR talk to people). If you do a lot of driving, this is a definite must!

No comments:

Post a Comment