Thursday, February 25, 2010

Monterey

I've been meaning to blog about it, but hadn't uploaded my pictures yet, so here we are, 4 days later. This last weekend, Mike and I went to Monterey. It was spectacular... we dubbed it our "27 hour vacation" because when we got back, we really felt like we had been on vacation even though we were only gone Saturday and Sunday.

Saturday morning I had a CERT class, so Mike drove out to Livermore to meet up with Sean and some other friends to ride Mount Diablo. Sounds crazy to me, but they had a great time and a really good ride. I drove out Saturday afternoon after my class, picked Mike up and we drove down to Monterey. We spent the evening at Cannery Row, which was totally fun. We had dinner at a little bar called Sly McFly's (yummy pasta alfredo!) and then wandered along the beach. The weather was a little in and out (for most of the weekend it was either misty or full on raining), but I'm such a beach lover that I don't really care what the weather is like!

Sunday morning we got up and had breakfast at a little diner on the beach. As we walked down, we saw this whole little pod of dolphins swimming alongside a boat... it was so cool! You can see one little fin in this picture:
We then spent the rest of the morning at the Monterey Bay Aquarium. I don't think that I've been there since I was really little (if at all), so I was super excited. We spent a good 3 hours checking out all of the fantastic sea critters (including watching a feeding in their main tank where the sharks and tuna were kept). It was such a blast! Here are some more pictures!

Jelly fish. I can't believe what amazing pictures my camera takes on the aquarium setting!

Sharks, tuna and anchovies/sardines:

And my favorite, the seahorses:


No trip would be complete without one of these!

No comments:

Post a Comment