Friday, February 19, 2010

My Little Wolf

My sweet little Shadow did the most hilarious thing last night! Mike and I were watching a show called "Yellowstone: Battle for Life". It was actually a really cool two hour documentary on life in Yellowstone during the winter. Apparently it gets up to -66 degrees F in the winter sometimes! No wonder they close the park! Obviously, we were totally hooked, having gone there last October.

One of the animals that seems to thrive during winter (as opposed to the other critters that just struggle to survive) is the wolf. They had a good half hour segment that followed one of the wolf packs and show them hunting, playing, mating, howling, etc. Shadow was completely captivated. Seriously. I've seen him watch TV before, but never with this much attention. Mike's TV is much closer to the ground, so I think it's at a better level for him to see. He raced over, sat a couple feet away and just watched. For like the entire half hour. At one point, they showed the pack chasing an elk and one of the wolves ran out of the camera frame... Shadow raced around the side of the TV to look behind it. I'm so not making this up. Mike and I were laughing our heads off!

I'm pretty sure Shadow had some great wolf dreams last night!

No comments:

Post a Comment