Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Album Review: Christina Aguilera "Bionic"

As many of you know, I've been a Christina Aguilera fan since way back in the day. I especially enjoyed her last album, "Back to Basics" because of the jazzy flair to it. So, of course, when her new CD, "Bionic" came out last week, I'm sure I was one of the first people to download it.

True to her style, Christina switched up not only her look, but her sound on this new album. That's one of my favorite things about her - just when you fall in love with her voice, she finds something new to do with it. This CD is no exception - she's moved more towards the realm of electronic pop. At first I was disappointed to hear how processed her voice was, however, her fantastic vocal ability enables them to do some pretty cool things.

I didn't love it the first time I listened to it, but by the 2nd and 3rd times, I was singing along. One of the things that shocked me was the number of "f bombs" that she drops. Until this album, her previous records have been mostly clean... it is a little shocking to hear that language, especially since it's not needed to make her point. Six of the songs on the album are marked explicit by iTunes.

Favorite songs: "Not Myself Tonight", "Woohoo" and "Birds of Prey".

No comments:

Post a Comment