Saturday, June 19, 2010

Father's Day Part One

Today we celebrated Father's Day Part One. Mom, Dad, Mike, Kati, Nate and I went out to Folsom Lake for a day of boating. It was beautiful, if not a little chilly. Shocking for the way this "spring" has gone. For those of you not living in beautiful California, apparently we skipped spring this year and are going to yo-yo back and forth between winter and summer. Just when you think it's starting to get hot, it starts to rain and gets all windy. Trust me, it's killing those of us with crazy allergies. But, I digress. The day was beautiful and we had snacks and got some sun (translation: I sunburned through 70 sunblock).

After that, we headed back to Mom and Dad's house for a little BBQ... but not until Dad opened his gifts! Kati and Nate got him a great racing game for the Wii. Mom gave him an all expenses paid excursion to his favorite winery. Mike and I got him the Beatles Rock Band for his Xbox. We ended up spending a good portion of the afternoon singing, strumming and drumming along to the Beatles. Whoever created that game is a genius. It's totally fun for non-musical people and it's deliciously frustrating for musical people who suddenly suck at things like playing the fake drums. I love it. I might need to get one for our Wii. The cool thing about the Beatles version is that rather than coming with a white plastic guitar, it comes with a replica of one of Paul McCartney's guitars. I can't wait to go back and play some more!

Dinner was delicious! Mom and Dad made steak, ribs, potato salad, garlic bread and peach cobbler! Now that I'm stuffed and home, I'm definitely ready to curl up on the sofa... full belly + too much sun = very sleepy Anna!

No comments:

Post a Comment