Sunday, August 1, 2010

Happy August 1st!

Well, it's been a couple days... things have been busy! Mike left for a fire on Thursday night, so I've had the house to myself for the last couple of days. Friday I headed down to Folsom in the afternoon for our 2010 Back Pack Drive count (we're getting close). I co-lead the annual event - Intel buys the back packs and the employees donate all of the supplies needed to get the kids through the school year. We pick one school and on the first day of classes, we go in with brand new back packs for the entire school. It's such a cool event to be a part of! We're moving steadily towards our goal, and we deliver next week... I can't wait to see the looks on the kids faces! After I finished up there, I headed into Bed Bath & Beyond to get some new towels and sheets... much needed on both fronts! Nicki and Raymond invited me over for pizza, so I hung out with them a little on Friday night.

Saturday I ran a ton of errands and started cleaning the house. Then, in the afternoon, Nicki, Skyler and I headed out to the Amador County Fair. I was very surprised... it was way more fun than the State Fair was this year! We saw a ton of animals, played some games and went through a couple of the exhibits. The theme this year was "Welcome to the Jungle", so they had this whole exotic animal exhibit... including an armadillo and a porcupine! I had never actually seen either one of these, so it was pretty cool! I also had my obligatory funnel cake (it was way too hot at the State Fair and I didn't feel like eating anything sweet or fried). It was delicious!

Today's game plan is some serious laziness... I have some more cleaning and organizing I want to get done this morning, but then I plan to just be mellow for the rest of the day! I can't believe that it's already August!!! Where is the time going?

Book review to follow a little later today!

No comments:

Post a Comment