Monday, September 12, 2005

Joanna and Chris's Wedding!

Holy cow, it was a blast. Jo and Chris went all out - I have way too many pictures to post (there are two below), so email me if you want the link and you can look at the rest. We had the rehearsal dinner at Casa Guadalajara on Friday night. For those of you who don't know, it's only the best Mexican food in all of San Diego.

On Saturday we got up nice and early to have our hair and makeup done. We had a little puffy eye scare, but nothing that an ice pack and some makeup couldn't fix. :) We were at the salon for about 3 hours and then went back to Joanna's place to help her get ready. I got to drive her down to the church, and I have to say, she was the calmest bride I've ever seen. Seriously. It was awesome... we had one last little drive together. The ceremony was beautiful... all of us bridesmaids said we weren't going to cry (me especially since I had to sing!) but the minute those doors opened and Joanna started walking down the isle, we all lost it. She looked so happy and so beautiful!

The reception was a blast. There was much dancing, much fun and many pictures. With a little bit of alcohol thrown in. We partied until around 11pm and then all went back to our hotels. Me, two groomsmen and a friend of Joanna's decided to go out bar hopping. We ended up at "The Top of the Hyatt" (I swear, that's the name... bonus points if you can tell me where it's located). We ordered drinks and some appies and 45 minutes later were still sitting there. So we walked out and went to Santanas (our other favorite Mexican food... although it's more like Mexican "fast food"). We got in about 2am and it took me 25 minutes to pull the 67 pins out of my hair. HOLY COW! No wonder I had a headache!

The next morning Joanna and Chris had a brunch at their hotel to continue the festivities. It was awesome. The four of us who went out (wow, 3am and 8am are awfully close...) banded together in misery. Not really. We were actually doing pretty well, having worked off of just a few hours of sleep. It was all very lovely and we had a wonderful time!

Joanna and Chris, I know you're in Hawaii right now, but I also know you'll catch up when you get back... thanks again for letting me be a part of your special day. You made it wonderful for yourselves as well as your guests! Aloha!

On that note, I'm headed to bed. ALOHA to all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment