Sunday, September 24, 2006

The Dump and Singing

I've discovered my favorite part of rehearsal. The drive home. Ok, I know that sounds bad, but I mean it in a good way. Today we had a two and half hour SCSO rehearsal. On the way home, I discovered how amazingly warmed up I am after that. There's nothing on the radio that I can't sing! Seriously - all of those songs are written in normal person range, so when you walk out of a classical rehearsal, it's a piece of cake!

This weekend was pretty mellow. My allergies have been horrendous (sinus pressure and a headache that makes me sleepy) and I ended up laying low most of the weekend. I made a trip to the dump with my dad Saturday morning (one of the few productive things I was able to do besides cleaning out my closet and doing my laundry). It was actually really neat - quite different than the dumps I remember from when I was little (it's probably been 15 years since I've been). They actually recycle everything they can, compost a ton of stuff and then bury what they can't do anything else with. It's a pretty smooth operation. I learned something else exciting as well. I have always been more than a little upset that my city doesn't recycle... the Bay Area has those cool little bins and stuff. Well, apparently, my city has one-upped the Bay. We don't have the cool bins or anything like that, but once your trash gets to the dump, they have someone there who sorts through and recycles whatever they can. So basically, you're forced to recycle and have to do none of the work. What a concept!

Speaking of the Bay, I'm going to SF for the day next Saturday with the girls. I'm so excited - I haven't been since last Christmas time. I'm looking for cool things to do there besides shop and walk around the pier. Maybe a trolley tour or something fun like that. It should be a blast and I promise to take lots of pictures!

Well, I'm off to bed. This week is going to be crazy busy - rehearsal tomorrow, book club Tuesday, spa party Wednesday, stripper workout Thursday (did I catch your attention with that one?), and my jewelry party on Friday. I'll update you each day (yes, you have to wait all the way until Thursday to hear about the stripper workout!).

Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment