Thursday, September 28, 2006

24 Tease

OMG. The strip tease workout was probably the most hilarious class I've ever taken. Even funnier than turbo kickboxing. The whole set is an hour and a half. The first half is dance technique - sort of serious ballet moves and stretches. The second half hour is salsa - SO much fun. Thank God Kati has shown me the moves before or I probably would have been lost! The third is, you guessed it, "24 Tease" a half hour of fun filled stripping. Apparently, my body didn't like idea because right before the stripping class started I got a bloody nose. Yes, stripping gives me a bloody nose. So I grab my towel and hold it on until it stops bleeding. Now, it's the same teacher for all three classes and she goes from this salsa queen to a dirty talking stripper. I'm not kidding, I've never been talked to like that. It was so hard to stop laughing. They turn down the lights and start some mild moves, just some hip movements and such. It gets gradually worse until she tells you to grab your prop. Now, I had taken a towel which I had proceeded to bleed profusely onto. I figured swinging around a bloody towel probably isn't very sexy, so yes, I took my shirt off. Mind you, I had a sports bra on underneath (Jess took hers off too!), but I don't normally work out in just a sports bra, so it felt racy. We're dancing, swinging our "props" around and doing some pretty funky hip gyrations. We thrusted, we crawled and we shook it for all it was worth. A total blast. I think it's ironic that every male trainer in the gym managed to need a ball or something out of that room during that half hour. And that a whole lot of guys decided to hop on the treadmills which were conveniently facing into the room.

Seriously, it was a blast. I haven't laughed that hard in a while and the dance technique class kicked my butt.

Yesterday was Julie's spa party - also a blast. She had all kinds of yumminess to eat (chocolate covered strawberries and graham crackers, cheese) and the coolest products. I bought the hand scrub - it's seriously amazing! I also got the little neck pad - you warm it up in the microwave or cool it down in the fridge and then it wraps around your neck. SO NICE! :) Plus we got to try all the other products and pretty much feel totally pampered.

On that note, I'm off to finish cleaning for my jewelry party tomorrow and then to watch "Grey's Anatomy" and "ER". Woo hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment