Sunday, October 1, 2006

San Francisco

What a fun weekend!

Friday was my lia sophia jewelry party. Lots of people showed up and Brigitte did an amazing job! I'm so excited - I'm getting lots of cool jewelry!

On Saturday Brigitte, Amber, Kristine and I headed out to San Francisco for the day. We purchased "hop on, hop off" trolley passes - they take you around the city and give you all of the historical details. It was a blast. We started at Pier 39 and went to Ghiradelli Square (yum), through some of the most beautiful houses, to Union Square, through Chinatown, and back to the pier. The kicker was we decided we were going to hop on, ride for the whole tour, then get back on and stop at the places we wanted to see. Apparently that's not the deal with the hop on hop off plan - you only get to go once. So we got a little sneaky and walked to Ghiradelli Square and hopped on there, with a different driver. He had no idea we had already been on the rest of the tour - just thought we had hopped off and were getting back on. Dang it, we got our $18 worth! Here's a pic of the walk to the trolley - we went past all of the little shops along the Bay and decided this pirate needed a little lovin':

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

After that, we spent a good deal of time at Union Square, looking at all of the things we can't afford. It was actually fun. We went to Macy's, Tiffany's, the Coach Store, and the H&M store. For some reason, I thought H&M would be expensive (after all, Madonna is their new spokesperson), but it was actually quite affordable. Brigitte got the cutest little wool skirt! We shopped for most of the day. At about 4:15pm (we had been there since about 10am) we realized that the trolley service might actually have a cut off time. Brigitte called, only to discover that the last trolley back from Union Square was at 4pm (although, I believe this to be a lie on the part of the trolley service - we saw one go by later as we trekked back). We decided to get our exercise and to walk back to the Pier. It's a LONG walk. We went through Chinatown along the way:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

It's not all it's cracked up to be. I can't ever remember having been there before, but it was smelly and mostly junk. Along the way we went past one of the cutest cars I've seen in a while:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

We made it back to the Pier and ate dinner at the Hard Rock cafe. After dinner we walked around the Pier, saw the sea lions and got some great shots of the sunset:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

We then ended up in a hat store with the giggles. We didn't buy any of them, but we definitely left with sore tummies from laughing!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

We left the city at around 8:30pm and began the trek home. Somewhere near Vacaville, my "check tire pressure" light came on. I pulled off the freeway at the one exit that didn't have a gas station, so we had to hunt for one. I filled my tire and we got back on the road - only to hit a DUI checkpoint. Obviously, no issue, but we did see someone getting arrested. Boo for them! By the time I got home it was 10:30pm. What a long (but totally fun) day!

I slept in until 9:45am today - I think that's some sort of record for me! This week was just exhausting! I spent the rest of the day being sluggish and lazy. I blame the weather - it was chilly and overcast for most of the day. I managed to get in a good run this morning (definitely like running in 65 degrees vs the 90 degrees that I was running in last week!) and did pretty much nothing the rest of the day. It was great!

No comments:

Post a Comment