Sunday, July 4, 2010

Things I'm Thankful For

No, I haven't missed 4 months of blogging and we haven't flashed forward to November. My cousin Emily did this post on her blog the other day... I thought it was cool, so I'm going to duplicate her effort here. This might be an ongoing thing I do every now and then... just a little reality check about how good my life actually is! Without further ado, things I am thankful for on this lovely 4th of July:

  • a day off from work
  • the surprise gift of Ghiradelli white chocolate powder
  • my family
  • Mike and Shadow
  • hummingbirds
I got some hummingbird feeders the other day... I had gone to visit Aunt Sandi and saw that she had some. I was a little bit skeptical that they would come running, but decided to give it a try. Within about an hour of hanging them, I had adorable little birds feeding! Now, every morning when I wake up, it's to the beat of little hummingbird wings. In fact, yesterday Mom and I practically got dive bombed when we went out on the deck. Some of them are really pretty green and blue... I absolutely love watching them!

Today I'm heading over to Mom and Dad's for a little 4th of July celebration. We're also celebrating their birthday as well as Nate's (he's next Tuesday). After that, I'm zipping home to hang out at the Blankenheim's for their 4th of July party. I'm a busy girl! No fireworks tonight... apparently Amador County does them on the 3rd every year. I'm still trying to figure out why... but we went last night and watched them from the Mount Zion lookout... it was cool to actually look down on fireworks. We also had about 10 other people there, so there was no waiting in traffic to get home!

Hope you all have a safe and fun 4th of July!

No comments:

Post a Comment