Sunday, March 13, 2011

Registration

No, I'm not talking registration for my car. Or for school.

This weekend, we registered for our wedding.

First of all, in the very beginning, we thought there really wasn't going to be a lot of stuff for us to register for. We're getting married a little later than most of our friends and each of us had a complete entire house coming into the relationship. We thought we had everything we needed.

We started out at Williams-Sonoma. Mike and I both love cooking, so we decided to start here so we could get some cool kitchen gadgets. Those of you who know me know what a nerd I am... so needless to say, I was completely excited when they handed me a scanning gun. We had a blast... the best part is that we aren't really registering for things we NEED but for things we WANT.

The second place we went was Macy's. I've been told that everyone needs to have a china set. This has been a major issue for me because I've been torn between the tradition of it and the not using it. Really, how many people do you know that actually use their china? Other than Christmas? Yeah, probably not a lot of people. And if you haven't figured it out yet, Mike and I aren't exactly formal people. So instead of registering for fine china, we decided to register for some upgraded everyday dishes. We currently have white Corelle dishes (my Oma used them as well) that are functional and virtually indestructible. We want to hang on to those (they're great for kids, everyday use, etc) but to have something a little fancier for when people come over. We landed on the Noritake Colorwave Graphite collection. Mike actually picked it! They are a very pretty greenish black color (graphite) and come with cool square plates. I'm super excited!

So, long story short, we really found it wasn't very hard to register! We found lots of stuff that we'd like to upgrade and some stuff that we don't have nice sets of. We're still doing some maintenance before we update our wedding website with the details of our registries, but I'm very happy with our choices!

This morning we did some work around the house and then took Shadow for a hike out at Butte Mountain. It was a very steep hike, but the view from the top was stunning! We're spending the rest of the day relaxing before we take on next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment