Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Things That Bug Me: Cars With Snow

Today I was treated to one of my pet peeves on my drive to work: people with snow on top of their car. Obviously, my move to Amador County last year put me much closer to snow. We get it several times a year and the cities just above us get it more than that. Add to that the fact that Highway 88 is a main thoroughfare from Tahoe to Sacramento and you get a lot of cars that have been in the snow.

Here's where my pet peeve kicks in. Most of my drive to work is on Highway 16, which has a 65 miles per hour speed limit. That means most people are doing 70-75 miles per hour. Most of these people have been driving for a while by the time they get to Highway 16 and the snow has started to melt. It then slips right off the roof of their car and lands in one of two places - on the road or on another car.

In case some of you are thinking I'm just being picky, keep in mind I'm not talking you have an inch of snow on the top of your car - I'm talking you have a foot of snow teetering on the roof rack of your SUV.

My point? Knock the snow off the top of your car. You know it's going to melt and you know it's going to fly off. It scares the crap out of the people behind you. Plus it's just rude!

No comments:

Post a Comment