Friday, March 16, 2012

Movie Review: Water For Elephants

Last January I read "Water For Elephants" by Sara Gruen and absolutely loved it. I've been working through a list of chick flicks on Netflix when Mike is at work and the latest in my queue was "Water For Elephants".

Director: Francis Lawrence

Main Actors: Robert Pattinson, Reese Witherspoon, & Christoph Waltz

Synopsis: (from IMDb) After his parents' death, Jacob Jankowski is left penniless and homeless. Events lead him to joining the circus as their vet, working under their unstable boss August whose violent tendencies give everyone reason to be cautious around him, including his beautiful and quiet wife Marlena, whom August is very possessive of and who Jacob finds himself soon falling in love with.

Rating: I actually really liked this movie. They stayed very true to the book. There were parts that were very difficult for me to watch (with animals being beaten and killed), but again, exactly how it was in the book. I absolutely can't stand Robert Pattinson, but think he did a fantastic job with the role of Jacob. This is a definitely must watch movie!

No comments:

Post a Comment