Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Concert Review: Barenaked Ladies

Last night I went to see a concert with Adam and Eva (my uncle and aunt). It was at the Mountain Winery in Saratoga.
Here's a picture of the venue - we were in the general admission seats and were probably 5-6 rows back from the top. Not a bad view!
Mountain Winery Stage
I really liked how intimate this venue was... and the weather was absolutely wonderful, which made it a great night to sit outside.

The first group up was Cracker. The one song of theirs that I did recognize was "Low" (pop it into iTunes - you've probably heard it as well), but I did enjoy listening to their other music.

After Cracker came Big Head Todd and the Monsters. First of all, how great is that name? Secondly, they absolutely rocked. He actually came out and starting into this very bluesy sounding song. All of our heads were bobbing along when we realized that it was a cover of "I'm Sexy And I Know It" by LMFAO! It was absolutely amazing!

After Big Head came Blues Traveler. I was a little bummed because their lead singer John Popper had a cold and sounded pretty terrible, however, that guy can PLAY harmonica. Like really, really well. They did all of their classics ("Hook" & "Run Around") as well as some of their lesser known music. They were awesome!

Finally, Barenaked Ladies finished out the night. I had no idea, but they actually sing the theme song to the "Big Bang Theory" TV show... I knew it sounded familiar! They too, did all of their classics ("One Week", "If I Had $1,000,000" and "Brian Wilson"). The also did a new song called "Boomerang"... we loved it! My favorite part had to have been their finale... they did a big gigantic mash up of cover songs. It was spectacular!

Did I mention that they called this tour the "Last Summer on Earth Tour"? I love it! This was an awesome show and a really fun night out!

No comments:

Post a Comment