Saturday, August 18, 2012

Girls Gone Not So Wild

My summer of fun has continued (I've been lame about posting... to be brutally honest, I've been either too busy or too lazy depending on the day).

Last weekend I was invited to join my best friends on the houseboat at Lake Oroville. It was a really fun, really HOT weekend with the girls... we spent a lot of time in the water to get cooled off!

Here are Brigitte and I with our cool cups (everyone had one for the weekend and it had their name on it - the washable, reusable solution to red solo cups that doubled as a souvenir!). Notice anything in this picture? :)
We Got Photo Bombed!
As always, I packed my box of Cheez-Its. If you don't know, my family is obsessed with Cheez-Its - my sister went so far as to serve them at her wedding (at the bar, of course)! I make a point to have them almost everywhere with me (a box at home, a box in my car, and a box at work).
They Make Life Good!
I didn't really take any pictures beyond that first night there... as it turns out, I was terrified to get my new camera anywhere near the water, and I was too busy playing to take any. It's not a bad problem to have. We spent the rest of the weekend floating, jet skiing, and hanging out. It was such a blast!

In other sad lake news, we had to postpone our yearly trip to Lake Almanor. There's a great big fire burning up there right now and it's pretty bad. I'm really bummed because it would have been a really nice way to close out sabbatical (just under 2 weeks left), but I suppose some more time at home to clean up and hang out is not a terrible thing either!

Today I spent the day at Kati's house working on the nursery with her. I can't wait to meet my new little niece! We painted the crib, the changing table, and cleaned up the room. Now all it needs is a new window and some pretty lavender paint on the walls!

No comments:

Post a Comment