Monday, June 12, 2006

RPS in the House!

Ladies and gentlemen, I would like to introduce to you the latest in sports crazes. It's an exciting sport to watch as well as play. Children everywhere are learning it. I present to you, the fascinating sport of
Rock, Paper, Scissors.

What? You ask. That's a sport? Yes, it is. Eva turned me on to it this evening. You see, A&E was broadcasting the RPS (that's what true rock, paper, scissors enthusiasts call it) Championship. It was hosted in Vegas (of course) and the winner got $50,000! At first I thought it was totally fake, but this is a real thing! They got down to the final two and the last guy won by "throwing" paper a bunch of times in a row. On the final "throw" the announcer said this (I'm seriously not making this up): "That was the paper heard 'round the world".

To top it all off, they have a website! I thought this was going to be the big fake out, but it's real too! They have the rules, the history, the symbols and even the RPS girls! It's too funny - I can't even write about it... check out the site for yourself... www.usarps.com

I'm out.

No comments:

Post a Comment