Friday, October 15, 2010

Rejoining the Living

Well, I lost the battle to yet another sinus infection. What started as a little sinus pressure after scuba diving class turned into full on sinus headache and later, infection. Definitely no fun. First round of antibiotics didn't work and the second round, while scary, does seem to be doing the trick. I wish there was some magical way to keep these things at bay! I've tried everything - my allergy meds, allergy shots, steam, neti pots, decongestants... the list goes on and on. If anyone has some suggestion that I haven't already tried, let me know!

In other absolutely amazing news, the Chilean miners were finally rescued the other day! For those of you not up to speed, on August 5th, a gold mine in Chile collapsed, trapping 33 miners underground. They survived and amazing 69 days underground! The rescuers were able to drill a small hole down to them (7 football fields down!) and passed things like food, water, cameras, etc down. They spent the rest of the time working on creating a larger hole that they could send a rescue capsule down to bring them up. This just completely blows me away. Seeing that first miner come out of the ground was amazing... if you think even 10 years back, they probably all would have been dead. Technology is absolutely amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment