Saturday, October 2, 2010

Scuba

Today Kati, Mike and I took a drive down to Dolphin Swim School to take the intro to scuba class. It was $10 and I assumed that it was going to be pretty cheesy. We got there and watched the obligatory cheesy video and then it was time to get in the water. To my surprise, we spent the next 2 hours or so in the water, learning how to use the equipment and to dive. My main worry was that I was not going to be able to equalize my ears (you know me and all of my sinus/allergy issues), but I was pleasantly surprised... I had no issues at all! Keep in mind, we were only in 9 feet of water, but still, it was much better than I thought.

That first breath under water was pretty interesting... it goes against everything that your body wants to do... breathing while you have your head completely under. I did have a minute or two of "nervousness", but I kept my breathing calm and felt fine.

While I don't know that I would be the kind of person to go out to the ocean every weekend, I definitely think it might be worth getting certified so that I can do some open water dives... I think being able to see all of the ocean life would be pretty amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment