Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Anna Get Your Shot Gun

On Sunday I did something I never thought I would do... I fired a shot gun. Several recent events prompted me to pick up a gun for the first time in my life. I don't care to go into too much detail regarding one of the incidents, but I'll just have you know that I feel the need to be able to protect myself and my home. The other is the latest in pictures on our game camera:
Mountain Lion
Here Kitty Kitty!
Yup, we've definitely got mountain lions. Big ones. Well fed ones. Who apparently don't have any issues hunting.

Mike and I went out with our friend Logan to teach me how to use the gun. I was scared to death... it probably took me a good ten minutes to pull the trigger the first time. Even after being told how powerful the shot gun is, I was still a little surprised (and very surprised the next day when I had actual bruises on my shoulder from the kick!). Once I got going, the shooting part was not hard at all.

I hope to never have to use the gun, but I feel more confident that I can take care of myself now. I spent a long time thinking about whether or not I would actually be able to pull the trigger, and I believe I could if faced with serious danger. I feel really good about being able to protect myself, my family and my home.

No comments:

Post a Comment