Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Here Comes The Bride

It seems to be the talk of the town, so I thought I'd chat about it here, too. No, it's not world peace or new inventions. It's THE Royal Wedding of Prince William to Kate Middleton. There are tea cups and coins and commemorative plates. There's even some crazy plumber that had William and Kate tattooed on his teeth! Seriously, click here to see.

I cannot imagine, even for a minute, how stressful life must be for Kate Middleton right now. I get nervous thinking about my own wedding day... let alone one that basically has the entire world watching. Not to mention, she has some very serious shoes to fill. Following in Diana's footsteps must be extremely nerve wracking.

In addition, there are all sorts of really well kept secrets like what will Kate's dress look like (I think it will be a silhouette style) to what music will be played (I think a mix of classical and contemporary pop, however, I don't think the Queen will be doing the funky chicken... her loss). Then there are questions as to what her title will be once they're married... there are a ton of potentials.

I think what people are most enamored with is the fact that Kate Middleton is just a normal person, like you and me. Let's be real, we all love a good love story and one that involves a "commoner" becoming a princess is just plain irresistible. What's not to love?


So, long story short, yes, I'm taping it and will watch on Friday. I'm not as into it as a lot of people seem to be, but I definitely am curious. Thank God for DVR so that I can fast forward through the boring parts!

No comments:

Post a Comment