Sunday, April 17, 2011

Oma's 82nd Birthday

Saturday was my Oma's 82nd birthday. We all headed to the Bay Area to celebrate with her. Adam and Eva had everyone over to their house for some amazing tri tip sandwiches! They also got Oma a delicious burnt almond cake from Dick's Bakery. Sadly, I'm still off the sweets for Lent (only one more week!), so I had to pass on the cake. The weather was absolutely beautiful and we had lunch and cake outside on the patio.
Oma On Her 82nd Birthday
Here's Oma, Kati and I.... can you guess where I get my blue eyes from? :)
Oma, Kati and I
Oma also posed for a picture with all the boys... including Marley!
Oma And The Boys
Today we had a fantastic day. I went to mass at the church that Mike and I are getting married in... so happy we picked it! After that, we headed out to Lake Tabeaud to take Shadow for a swim. He got in a good 25 minutes of swimming, followed by a jog around the lake (~2.25 miles). Shadow even saw his first horses - they were out walking on the trail. He had no idea what to do! Then Mike and I did another lap. It was a good hard run, with way more heat and hills than I'm used to (which would be a couple miles on the air conditioned treadmill). After that, we came home and I took a nice long nap. Tonight we've just been hanging out and relaxing. Not a bad Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment