Sunday, January 29, 2012

Crabs & Wine

Last night we went to a crab feed.

I Have Crazy Eyes Because I Smell Crab
I'll leave you a few moments to ponder that thought. For those of you who don't know me that well, I have a thing against pretty much all seafood. I can't stand the taste, the smell, the texture, you name it. That said, it was for a great cause (benefiting the Pioneer Fire District) and it was held at Perry Creek Winery, so I figured I could sustain on wine and bread, if necessary. Ok, I snuck a back of Cheez-Its, just in case. We went with Sheri, Charlie, Dave and Courtney. The wine was delicious (they make a mean Zin there) and I had lots of salad, pasta and bread. They even did a strawberry sorbet on champagne as a pallet cleanser between the pasta and the crab. I ate mine and Charlie's.

The boys were super excited about the crab...
A Boy And His Tools
Courtney Helping Dave With His Bib
We participated in several of the charity parts to this crab feed - we bought a key (they had two cases of wine chained up - if your key unlocked the case, it was yours to take home) and we bought a bunch of raffle tickets. We actually won the raffle! They had a bunch of prizes to choose from - we went with the one night stay at Fitzpatrick Winery and Lodge. I'm kind of a little excited about it - we get a one night stay, breakfast and some free wine while we're there!
Patiently Waiting For Crab
It was really a fun event. They had a live band which was pretty good and people definitely started dancing early on. What I really liked the most was that they got right to it - almost as soon as we sat down the started with the raffles, auctions and music. There was no waiting around, no being bored. The food was good and there was always something going on. We had a blast!

No comments:

Post a Comment