Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Mental

Today's run was pretty hard.

When I woke up at 5am to head to the gym, it was a whopping 19 degrees outside. That's not exactly inspirational weather. Add to that the fact that I was tired (it's been a busy few days) and just wanted to hibernate in bed, I knew that today wasn't looking good for my 4 mile run.

That said, I forced myself out of the warm cocoon that is my bed and did it anyway. I'm learning a lot about myself and my body with this whole marathon training thing. In fact, I think it's more mental than it is physical. I'm trying to use these days that I just don't feel like it to work through the mental part. I think that's what's going to get me from mile 25 to mile 26.2.

Anyone else have some sort of thing that they had to mentally get through? Any tricks?

No comments:

Post a Comment