Sunday, February 5, 2012

AdBowl 2012

For those of you living under a rock, today was the Super Bowl. I was cheering for the Giants (they're my mother-in-law's team) since my 49ers were out of the running. I think it was a great game - it seemed like it was going to be easy for the Giants at the start but then it got much more competitive. I love a good game that stays close!

We had a regular smorgasbord of food - chips, onion dip, queso, sturgeon (yes, there was fish in my house), Kona ribs, curly fries, chicken wings, and mozzarella sticks. We were definitely not lacking in the food department.

I loved the halftime show. I think this was one of the best ones they've had in years. I loved Madonna and loved that she incorporated LMFAO. Special thanks to Charlie (my brother-in-law) for asking me to explain what LMFAO stands for to my mother-in-law. Awesome. I can't wait for her new CD to come out and can't wait for her to go on tour!!!

On to the ads. My hands down favorite ad was played at the very end of the game - in fact, most of you probably missed it because it was after all of the awards. It was for the Chevy Sonic and was called "Joy":
My favorite part was the grasshopper saying "Everyone remember to go pee pee?". Seriously reminds me of my dad before we hit the road for just about every vacation.

I also really liked the Volkswagon "The Dog Strikes Back" commercial.
Seriously, who doesn't love "Get Up Offa That Thing"?! And that chubby dog was freaking adorable.

I was pretty disappointed with the Budwiser commericals this year - I really think they fell flat. Coca Cola was another one that wasn't that great (sorry Kimi!). Both of these companies have had such amazing commercials in the past that I have started to expect that level from them.

No comments:

Post a Comment