Sunday, February 26, 2012

Brigitte's Baby Shower

Yesterday we threw Brigitte's baby shower. Seriously, Brigitte has to be the cutest pregnant woman ever. She's like all belly and of course has the cutest clothes ever. I think her preggo clothes look cuter than my regular clothes!


They're naming their baby Aspen, so Alyse made a really cute banner to welcome her:
Welcome Aspen!
Alyse, Michele and I put the party together - we wanted to do mini everything, so we made little tea sandwiches, individual 7 layer dip cups, veggies cut in ranch dressing and a bunch of bite sized desserts. Michele tells me that she heard they're doing that sort of dinner at the Oscars this year - we're trendsetters!


Mini Seven Layer Dips

Individual Veggie Dip Cups
We played some of the traditional games (bingo during presents) and then a really fun version of "forbidden words". Like we do at the Hullaballo, we had a list of words you couldn't say (Aspen, baby, mom, labor, and cute). Each person had a clothespin with a diaper on it and you would steal clothespins when you heard someone say that word. At the end, you opened the diapers and scratched off the poo (think of lottery scratchers). The people that had smiley faces got prizes.

My mom made Aspen a super cute quilt and little sweater:

Mom's Quilt

Cutest. Sweater. Ever.
There were lots of oohs and ahhs when these got opened! The shower was a lot of fun, but I was exhausted by the time I got home! Mike was working the Cameron Park Crab Feed, so I had the house to myself. I had ordered the latest Twilight movie via Netflix, so I watched that and then got caught up on my chick shows ("Grey's Anatomy" and "Private Practice"). Today is our super Sunday day of rest - it's much needed after the very busy last week!

No comments:

Post a Comment