Monday, April 9, 2012

New Life!

The last few weeks have been rough (bad runs, feeling yucky, lots of stress) but yesterday I got to be a part of something absolutely amazing.

Last night at 8:52pm, my best friend Brigitte and her husband Dan welcomed their first baby into the world. Aspen Nicole Porter was about three weeks early, weighed in at 7 pounds, 10 ounces and was 19 inches long. I had the opportunity to wait with 10 of Brigitte and Dan's closest friends and family while Brigitte did her thing. We pretty much took over the waiting room (thank goodness that no one else was having a baby at the same time!) and kept each other company for the wait.

Finally, it was time! We had to go into the delivery room in shifts - apparently they're not used to the kind of entourage that Brigitte has. Brigitte looked absolutely amazing (seriously, when does she ever not?!) and Dan was holding the baby, looking every part the proud papa. They were both looking as happy as I've ever seen them!
Me Holding Baby Aspen
Brigitte has posted some beautiful pictures on her Facebook page - go check them out if you haven't already!

I'm so happy I got to be a part of one of the best days of my best friend's life... it was such a wonderful event! This was the first brand new newborn I've held and I could have snuggled her for days!

Congratulations Brigitte and Dan!

No comments:

Post a Comment