Sunday, April 1, 2012

Shadow's Birthday Blog

Five years ago today, I was a brand new homeowner who went to the local SPCA "just to look". The pound breaks my heart in general and I want to take all of the pups home. There was already someone looking at Shadow, and when I got there, I knew I wanted him. I walked away to ask the SPCA volunteers if I could take him out to one of the rooms to play and apparently he put on a show of acrobatics for my mom and the guy who was also thinking about getting him. Read: Jumped really, really high. Apparently, that scared the other guy off, but my little pup has some hops! It's still one of his most marketable skills, besides being able to produce large quantities of poop and eat a lot of biscuits. Here's his picture that was on the SPCA website way back when he was two:
Shadow At 2 Years Old
Here is my little stinkbug today waiting to get his present. How can you not love that little face? It makes me a little sad to see how white his little beard is getting. 
Can I Please Have My Present?
This year, in addition to food that is going to make him fart, we got him this cute little giraffe that you stick an empty water bottle in. Very little stuffing, noise without having squeakers. Genius.
Action Shot.
Well, those of you who know my dog know just how long that lasted... little giraffe was soon stuffing and footless and in three pieces:
The Demise Of The Giraffe
Oh well, at least he had fun. Now he's all cuddled up with the pieces. I guess that's how he shows his love.

Happy birthday to my little booger!

No comments:

Post a Comment