Saturday, April 14, 2012

Sweet Sixteen

Today I ran sixteen miles.

It was like I was running through an episode of National Geographic's "Life on the American River". There were all sorts of cool critters out today: deer, butterflies, several different types of rabbits, vultures and the dreaded turkey. I focused today on just running again and that seems to be a very effective technique for me on these longer distances.

My communing with nature was interrupted around mile twelve by a cyclist. No, he wasn't the first one I saw (there were lots of runners, walkers and cyclists out there today taking advantage of the nicer weather). It was the fact that he was wearing a cape that caught my eye. Yup, a cape. Like a black and red Dracula cape. I wish I would have been able to get a picture of it.

My nice run was followed by an equally nice sandwich and nap. Now we're getting ready to head over to celebrate Nancy's birthday (Mike's mom). Not a bad Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment