Thursday, January 11, 2007

Know When To Hold Them, Know When To Fold Them

Some of you may have noticed that my house countdown is gone. Well, as the title of this blog implies (in the words of the immortal Kenny Rogers) , it was time to back out. As it turns out, the house appraised at significantly a lower value than asking price. There are several things wrong with this scenario, the first being I would have to fork over the cash for it. The second being that it's a buyers market, so this lady needs to adjust or I'll find a better home at a better price somewhere else. Long story short, I'm backing out of the deal today and will start looking at other homes in the area in the next week or so. It's a bummer because I really liked the house and it would have been the perfect little starter home for me, but I have to be financially smart. I mean, I worked really hard for this, why blow it on the first house I like for the sake of having one?

That said, I actually feel really good about my decision. Surprisingly good. I know there's the perfect little house out there somewhere, waiting for me to come along and buy it (at a FAIR price). Shame on this seller and her horrible realtor... who advises their client to sell high in a bum market?

In other news, tomorrow is the Justin Timberlake concert. I know, I know. But I really like his new stuff and can't wait! The girls and I are going out to dinner first, which is always a blast. I'll be sure to take lots of pictures!

Finally, thanks to everyone who thought happy thoughts for little Onyx. Great news - she pulled through (what a little fighter!) and is back home. Woo hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment