Monday, January 22, 2007

Movies, House Hunting and Other Oddities

Well, it was quite an eventful weekend for me. Starting with Friday when someone hacked into my bank account. Fun times. Turns out, it seems that I accidentally clicked an email that I shouldn't have (I think) because that's the only way I can imagine someone getting that far into my account. They ended up taking some money, but the joke's on them because I was able to stop payment and the check is going to bounce. My passwords and account numbers have all been changed and the lesson was definitely learned. It was a mess.

Friday night my parents and I went to see "Dreamgirls" (see the movie review to the right) which was surprisingly good. Saturday was nice and relaxing and I was able to get lots of little stuff done that has been on my to do list forever. I also discovered the best kickboxing class ever at the gym by my house. Julie and I take one on Monday's at a different gym, but this one was just amazing. The instructor really focused on making every move do something for you and explained how you would use it in a fighting situation. I kind of like having a reason to wake up on Saturday mornings and something to do. He teaches the same class during the week, so I may try that one too. I went to dinner with Brig at our favorite Red Robin (hooray for Southwest Chicken Pasta!) We were going to see a movie, then realized it started at 10:10pm and that we were old, so that was too late. Instead, we're going to try to get a matinee on Tuesday. I know, I know.

Sunday I hit the pavement and started the house hunt again. It was a sort of weird experience. Every other house was cool and every other house was really weird. On of them had actual bullet holes in the windows from BBs. Now, this might just be me, but if I were to sell a house, I would most likely make sure that things like bullet holes in the windows were patched up. But that's just me. I actually found one that was pretty nifty, so I'll be researching it a little more this week. I don't want to get too excited just yet.

By the way, I've discovered the wonder that is green tea. I've always been a little wary (tea that's green?!), but in the past week or so have discovered that it's actually quite tasty. I don't even need to put sugar into it! And, I've heard it's pretty dang healthy for you.

On that note, I'm back to work and to sipping my green tea! Happy Monday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment