Saturday, August 13, 2011

Bridal Shower!

Today Kati and Mom threw me a bridal shower... it was fantastic! They went with a tropical theme held at Kati's house and it turned out really well. The food was absolutely delicious - there were chicken kabobs, coconut rice, fresh fruit, salad and sweet & sour meat balls. Yum! They also had a delicious rum punch! Later we had cake AND cupcakes... it was really fantastic!
The Centerpieces
We played bridal jeopardy (everyone had to answer questions about me, Mike, etc) and a game where the ladies had to decorate cupcakes. Here are the top three that I chose (they were all great!):
Brigitte's Tiki Cupcake
Eva's Beachy Cupcake
Kristine's Wedding Cake Cupcake
Then, there was the presents! And lots of them! It was definitely a little uncomfortable to sit in front of that many people just opening gifts! That said, my friends and family were so generous and I got lots of great stuff! Now time for all the people pictures:
Kati & I

Kati, Mom and I

The Yellow Table!

The Pink Table!

The Blue Table!
I had so much fun today and felt so loved by everyone! I'm truly touched that so many people wanted to come out and celebrate me getting married... I had friends and family that spent 4 hours in the car today just to be there! Now I'm completely exhausted and looking forward to a good night's sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment