Wednesday, August 10, 2011

The Creature Chronicals Part 2

As promised, I've been trying to snap pictures of the fun (and sometimes scary) critters around my house. I found this one the other day when I was working on digging up the peach tree. On a side note, Mike said that I loosened it up for him - two hard whacks with the sledgehammer got the roots out. I knew I should have pounded on it for a little bit longer! The new crepe myrtle looks beautiful!

I digress...

I discovered a lizard (look really hard in the middle of the picture):
Lizard
There are tons of these little guys all over up here. They're incredibly fast, which is why the picture is a little bit blurry... I had to sit very still for about five minutes to get him to come back out of the bushes after I originally spotted him. These little guys are super fast and tend to hang out just about everywhere outside. They scare the heck out of me because I'll hear something move in the leaves and, of course, my mind immediately things I'm about to be eaten by a mountain lion, only to look over and see a little lizard tail scoot away. Of all the critters around here, these guys might be my favorites... they stay outside, look cute and leave me alone!

No comments:

Post a Comment