Thursday, November 17, 2005

Low on Power

Wow, so all it takes is a little vandalism and a quarter life crisis to get you all to write, huh? :) Seriously, thank you to all of you who have been leaving comments... it makes me feel more like I'm writing to friends than talking to myself.

So today we had a power outage at work. For about an hour and a half. So they emailed everyone to tell us to "leave the site and work remotely". Which translates to "working from my sofa". Nice. I'm loving this work from home thing. I think I actually get MORE done because I don't take those little "stretch breaks" where I walk to everyone else's cube to talk. Instead, I slam through my emails, run to Longs to get my allergy medicine, walk to the dog, clean the bathrooms and vacuum the house. A much more productive day. The best part about it was that I went in and the power outage happened just as I was going to lunch with some friends. So we had a fantastic lunch and then all headed home. Life is good!

I'm feeling a little more on track now. Not quite sure what that whole crisis was last week, but I'm feeling much better this week. Less like the world is caving in. With all the stress I put myself under, it was bound to happen. I'm just glad it was a mini meltdown. :)

Yes, so I'm still listening to the Madonna CD. Eva, you're right... it's the perfect work out music. And it will be great at clubs. Madonna has found her groove again (I was a little worried after the last CD). I've heard that she's going to be on the cover of the next Rolling Stone issue. Thank God my subscription lasts through the end of the year (I do not recommend that magazine - they're so overly political that I think it really takes away from anything they actually say about music).

Now I'm off to relax a little and then to watch ER. God, I love that show. THE plane crash is this week. I can't wait for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment