Thursday, November 3, 2005

Moody

So today I'm in a kind of weird mood. Almost bratty. But not quite. I'm not really sure what has brought this mood on, but I'm feeling very opinionated and not having a very easy time keeping those opinions to myself. Hmm. That could probably get me in trouble. Thankfully, the day is almost over and I'm in the clear.

I can't wait for it to be fall. I mean, really fall. I want winter storms. I want snow in the Sierras. I want to drive up to the snow, go skiing and drink cocoa. I want to fall asleep listening to the rain outside my window. I'm so happy to be home where the leaves have actually turned colors for the fall. Don't get me wrong, I loved the palm trees, but the leaves are beautiful too. And, now for the most exciting part of fall:

Daddy's little elf is home.

No, that's not dirty in any way. Every year that I've been home for more than 3 days before Christmas, I have helped my dad decorate our house for Christmas. We have the Chevy Chase complex, where our house has to glow from outer space. Mom says it looks like the Las Vegas strip, but we love it. And this year, we're determined to out do the Mafia neighbors (yes, the Sopranos live next door) and REALLY get the house glowing. I'm totally stoked. I'm voting for the purchase of more lights, but Daddy seems to be holding off. In fact, I'm going to create a little poll. (see below right) Let's guess how many strands of lights it's going to take to totally deck the house out this year!

I went swimming last night. Tomorrow will be two weeks since the running ban, and the knee feels a little better, but is still sore. So, like a good girl, I'm going to continue my ice/heat therapy and I'm not going to run. My shoulders are loving yesterday's workout - and I forgot how good swimming is on your tummy since you're almost always holding it in! Nice!

Anyways, I'm off to do therapy and watch ER. Woo hoo, yeah for Thursdays!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment