Monday, April 10, 2006

The Big M

Ladies and Gents, on Tuesday, May 30th I have the distinct honor of accompanying Adam and Eva to none other than the Madonna concert. I am SO INCREDIBLY EXCITED! First off, I can't believe we got tickets (and when I say we, I mean Eva - she had people on the Internet and was the 5th person in line at Tower and probably had all of Santa's elves working on it too). Secondly, I can't believe I'm going to see freaking Madonna! Woo hoo!

I know you're all dying to see pictures of the Tour de Georgia - however, I'm going to wait until KATI SENDS ME HERS (hint hint) because I want to have all of them up. HOPEFULLY she does this in the next day so that everyone backs off me *cough*MATT*cough*. Just kidding. I do want to make sure that you see them all and that I don't have to send them twice, so I'll wait.

Speaking of Georgia, the trip home was fun. I got on the "regional jet" (translation: smallest plane they could cram people into) and sat next to the fattest, smelliest man in the world. Since there were only two seats, I was fortunate to have an aisle. Thank God because he kept leaning towards me, smelling up my bubble. Eww. To make matters worse, we sat on the plane for an hour before it took off because - get this - they were missing a placard that goes on the nose of the plane. Just in case you don't know:

plac·ard ( P ) Pronunciation Key (plkärd, -rd) noun
1. A sign or notice for display in a public place.
2. A small card or plaque, such as a nameplate on a door.

Yes, we were delayed an hour because they were missing a sign off the freaking front of the plane. To make matters worse, they had to send a mechanic over to determine if it indeed was missing. Then said mechanic apparently had to walk thlengthth of thAtlantata airport to find a sign to glue on before we took off. Once we taxied out we had to sit in line for 25 minutes before we could take off... sheesh! Fortunately, I didn't miss my connecting flight and had a decent ride back from Chicago.

Today was a crazy day at work... I got in and had 557 emails. Yes, 557. I just now logged off (I worked a little when I got home from choir and I'm down to 16 unread emails. Go me!

On that note, I'm signing off. Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment