Saturday, April 15, 2006

Eye Cleaner, Hair Dye and Makeup

No more reaching for material now... it's been a busy day and a half!

So yesterday at about noon I scan over CNN to see if there's any new interesting news. Lo and behold, I see an article about screwy contact lens solution, so I decide to read it, as I'm a contact lens wearer. Let me preface this by saying I woke up yesterday morning with a semi-swollen, itchy eye. I chalked it off to allergies and just wore my glasses to work.

Click here to read the article.

Several things should trigger your attention with this. First off, the URL (the web address). The fact that it has bausch.eye.fungus in it should raise a red flag. Upon reading the article, the words blinding eye infection, rare fungal infection, and corneal transplants popped right out at me. Immediately I call my mom to have her double check that I do, in fact, use the moisture Loc solution. This is followed up by a call to my eye doctor, who calmly tells me that if I did have the infection I would not just suspect it, I would know it. As in green pus would be coming out of my eyes. He then calmly informed me that I had eye allergies. I have never in my life been so happy to hear that I have allergies! My eye doctor sounded like he'd probably had a hundred people call him that day to talk about eye fungus... poor guy!

I followed this up with a trip Jan, my hair stylist. I decided that I wanted to go back to my natural color (yes Kyra, Joanna and all you others, I actually do know what that color is... :) ). He did a really wonderful job! It's a big change, but I think it makes my complexion look a lot better.

Finally, today mom and I went to Macy's and spent some time with the lovely ladies at the MAC counter. Now, normally the MAC counter scares me. Boys, that would be the one you walk past where all the makeup artists (including the guy makeup artists) are wearing black and have on the most outrageous colors in eyeshadows. I ended up with purples. I know it sounds crazy, but it actually makes my baby blues look way baby blue. It's kind of fun to play around with all of the colors!

Ok, off to read a little and then probably go to bed. Happy Easter Vigil!

No comments:

Post a Comment