Saturday, April 22, 2006

Things That Make You Go Hmm....

Tonight Brigitte and I went to a Pampered Chef Party hosted by our friends Billy and Barbara. It was an amazing party and I ended up purchasing several interesting and fun cooking tools. I can't wait for them to show up at my doorstep!

On the way to pick Brigitte up I saw several weird things involving cars... The first was a man driving his car in the suicide lane (for you non-Californians, that's that lane in the middle of the road that you can turn into but aren't supposed to actually drive in). Not only was it weird that he was driving in the suicide lane, but he was doing so for about 100 feet with his driver's side door wide open. He didn't drop anything out or throw up or anything, but then slams the door and speeds off. Hmm...

The second was a few minutes later - I was at a stop light getting ready to turn left. The lanes going straight had quite a line and so from the car ahead of me and back we couldn't get into the left hand turn lane because of a center divider planter. Well, the car in front of me (a pretty beat up Caddy) guns it and hops right up onto the planter, drives over it and pulls into the turn lane - only to sit there at a red light. Hmm...

Finally, and probably the most funny story of the night, on the way to Barb and Billy's we pull up to a red light. To the left we see a man trying to hook a chain to the car behind him. He looks up at us and Brig and I realize we've totally been staring. So we look away (but TOTALLY want to look back). He finally gets them hooked together and starts to tow the car across the intersection. Not very funny, you say? Well, let me tell you a little bit about the cars. His car was a rusted, beat up old Jeep. Some of the side windows were missing and the entire back door was gone. Her car was a Cadillac-style car, also beat up, rusted and missing windows. To top it all of, there were about four little kids bouncing around the back seat of the Jeep... probably not seatbelted. Hmm...

Today I actually completed the distances for my triathlon. I wanted to make sure that I could actually do them all together, on the same day, so that when I get into the real triathlon I can talk myself through it. I'm proud to say that today I did my tri in one hour and thirty-four minutes. Woo hoo! I can't wait for the real one!

The Kings lost their first playoff game today... definitely not how I would have wanted to see them start their series, but there are at least three, maybe more games to go. Next game is on Tuesday - think happy thoughts!

Finally, congrats to Eva who is now officially allowed to save a life (if she asks for their permission first, of course)!

Today's Triathlon Training:
Swimming: 875 yards
Biking: 13 miles
Running: 3.1 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment