Thursday, December 23, 2010

Bah Humbug

Last night Mom, Dad, Kati and I went to see the Sacramento Theater Company's production of "A Christmas Carol". I don't know why, but I was not expecting an out of this world production, however, I was very quickly proven wrong! This show was outstanding... from the lighting and smoke effects to the acting by all of the characters.

My favorite actress was a little girl who played the beggar girl. She came out and sang the first refrain of the Advent Carol... that little girl had a voice! She came out several other times during the production and I was absolutely amazed.

I think they also did a very good job with the ghosts... in order to give them an otherworldly feel, they used voice changing microphones to help add echo and depth. The ghost of Christmas present was one of the best ones I've seen... he was a big jolly looking fellow and just fit the role perfectly!

This was a really fun event to go to... it was in a part of downtown that was not overly crowded (read: we were able to park for free on the street) but we could have gone to a yummy restaurant if we wanted to (read: we went to In-N-Out instead). What a fantastic outing!

No comments:

Post a Comment