Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas 2010

Christmas this year was spectacular... we managed to squish in some time with everyone!

Christmas Eve was spent with the Blankenheim clan... I went to church with Nancy, Katie, Grandma Jeanette and Raymond. It was a great mass at St. Bernard's given by Father George (who I hope is the priest to marry us!). After mass, we headed back to Grandma Jeanette's house for hors'dourves and presents for the kids. The food was delicious... we had everything from meatballs to bacon wrapped jalapenos to veggies. Yum! After that, we went over to Ray and Nancy's house to open more presents. It was a really fun night and I got some fantastic presents!

On Christmas morning we got up and made a fantastic french breakfast and opened presents. I think Shadow had the most fun!
Shadow Opening His Presents

Shadow And The Present Aftermath

Mike got me a real barometer... our little inside joke is that my sinus issues make me a human barometer... now I have a real one to tell me when my head is going to start hurting! It's beautiful... we have it hanging in our living room already!

In the afternoon, we headed over to my parent's house to spend the rest of Christmas Day with them. Kati, Nate, Cyndy and Alan joined us there... it was a blast! Here are some pictures of the goodies we ate:
The Fantastic Spread!
Mom had a really cool idea for decorating the table... along with tons of beautiful candles, she used one of her own quilts (hand quilted!) as the table cloth and then covered it with a plastic table cloth. It was absolutely beautiful!
Mom's Beautiful Table!
We had the most fantastic time and played a rousing game of Balderdash. Mike and I were neck in neck but eventually he pulled out all the stops and won the game.

The night ended with one of my famous sinus headaches (boo!) but all in all, Christmas this year was fantastic! I've spent most of today being mellow, relaxing and looking into some stuff for the wedding (like cake toppers!). I'm currently curled up in bed downstairs, watching "How To Lose A Guy In 10 Days" with Shadow curled up next to me. Not a bad day!

No comments:

Post a Comment