Sunday, December 5, 2010

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas

This weekend we worked on getting the lights up on the house. Every year when I lived at home, my dad and I went out and put up more lights than you can imagine. It was a tradition dubbed "Operation Little Elf" and each year we added more and more lights to the stash.

This year, I decided to unleash my Christmas spirit on our house. I had always decorated the old house, but now that Mike and I are living together, I have a much larger canvas to work with! I did end up having to go buy more lights (in fact, I still need to get some more to finish off one of the decks!), but it is really starting to look like Christmas over here! Mike got into it too... which makes me super happy! He was out climbing all over the roof for most of yesterday clipping and wrapping lights to all of our different gutters and eaves. We even had a third elf, Mike's friend Mark, who came over to help out. I couldn't be more pleased with the results!

Now if only I can convince them to climb that giant pine tree at the top of the driveway... it would look so good with giant ornaments and big lights! Maybe next year...

I also started wrapping presents - I've got seven done, four more to wrap and a few more to shop for... not bad considering it's only December 5th! The tree always looks so much better with presents underneath!

No comments:

Post a Comment