Sunday, December 12, 2010

My First NFL Football Game!

Today we went to my very first NFL football game... to watch the San Francisco 49ers (my team since childhood) play the Seattle Seahawks (Mike's team). We parked in Richmond and took BART all the way into San Francisco, which was a fantastic idea. We ended up saving SO much time and frustration, especially after the game! Here we are on the train:
The very first thing I noticed when we got to the field was how HUGE these guys are... I know on TV some of the linebackers look pretty big, but in person, all of them are massive! The other thing that I noticed was how skinny the field goal posts are! On TV, they've always looked so wide... but they're only 18 feet, 6 inches apart! We got there nice and early, so we had the chance to walk down the field and watch some of the warm ups. Here's 49ers coach Mike Singletary:
Here's Mike and I, all excited to be there:
Of course, when at any sort of sporting event, it is entirely necessary to eat and drink all sorts of unhealthy things (like hot dogs, nachos and beer!):


It was a pretty fun game to watch... the final score was 40-21 with the 49ers winning my first NFL game... it's almost like they knew I was there! :)

I think football is definitely one of those sports that is WAY better to watch in person than on TV. Don't get me wrong, I love my Sunday football, but it was really cool to see and hear this live! There were a couple of field goal attempts that the 49ers made and one of the Seahawks got a hand up to try to stop it - you could hear the slap from where we were sitting! It was also amazing to see how really athletic these guys are... TV doesn't do it justice! They typically cut away from the quarterback after the hands off/passes the ball, but if you really watch, he continues moving through the play after he hands it off... to fake pass or fake another hand off. It's all stuff you almost never see on TV!

Fantastic day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment