Thursday, February 10, 2011

Album Review: Cee Lo Green "The Lady Killer"

When I first heard the song "F**k You" on the radio, I instantly thought I recognized the voice, but couldn't quite place who Cee Lo Green was. In doing my research for this post, I discovered that he was in the group Gnarls Barkley (their big hit was "Crazy").
The whole album is spectacular! Be ready for a little shock; the song on the radio is censored to "eff you" but the song on the album throws it all out there. Shy of one other song on the album, the rest of the songs are clean (beware: "F**k You" definitely makes up for it!). Still, it has that Outcast-meets-old-school-R&B feel to the whole album... it's very catchy! I think Cee Lo has really found his niche... this is definitely his style of singing! I love the tone to his voice and have listened to the album several times in the past few days!

Favorite songs: "F**k you"

No comments:

Post a Comment