Saturday, February 19, 2011

Snow Day

The last couple of days have been awesome from a weather perspective! We got a nice little cold front that brought us our first snow of the season! We had some snow yesterday that led to a power outage... that lasted for several hours. It was a bummer because I was supposed to have my first work from home day in a while. I ended up at the Starbucks in Jackson, where it was noisy and caffeinated. Thank God, my future sister in law, Nicki called and invited me to come work from her office!

The bad news about the power going out is that not only do we lose our electricity, but we lose our water. That means we basically only have what's left in the pipes & toilet tanks. So no showers and only as many flushes as there is water in the tank. While that doesn't sound horrible, it does get annoying after a while. Mike is currently researching generators... we think it might be a really nice investment for us. We're looking for something that is going to power pretty much the whole house. One of the neighbors has one, and every time the power goes out, their house is like a beacon on the hillside.

This morning we woke up to some more snow... a good solid inch of fresh powder. I took Shadow down to the pen to play in it and he had a fantastic time frolicking around. I took some awesome pictures of the views we have and, of course, the pup playing.

The View of The Valley From Our Deck
Pretty Shot of The Trees
Shadow With Snow on His Nose
Later in the morning, I met up with Nicki, Skyler, Mike's mom, Mike's aunt and Nicki's dogs for a walk along the Mokelumne River. I took Shadow along for the adventure and was pleasantly surprised... he does really well with Molly and Ruby (Nicki's dogs). We walked for about an hour and a half. The river was absolutely raging and it was beautiful to see!

I spent the rest of the afternoon relaxing and napping. I picked up another cold and I'm really hoping that this one doesn't get as bad as the last one. At least I have a three day weekend to try to rest up!

No comments:

Post a Comment