Monday, June 6, 2011

Kati & Nate Got Hitched!

They did it! Kati and Nate are now officially Mr. & Mrs. Barcklay!

The rehearsal and rehearsal dinner were a lot of fun, despite the awful wedding coordinator they had. I think she meant well, but she very much stepped on Kati's toes and pushed her own opinion over Kati and Nate's. To make matters worse, they double  booked the church, so the one chance we had to rehearse in the building had to be in complete silence. However, we survived and moved on to Sienna for a fantastic rehearsal dinner. Nate's family had the outside patio reserved, which was a little nerve wracking considering the fact that it's December June and still raining. The weather held up, and thanks to some heating lamps and the outdoor fireplace, we stayed nice and warm. Cyndy (Nate's mom) even brought stuff to make smores!
Kati & I At The Rehearsal Dinner
The food was absolutely fantastic - I had the flat ironed steak with mashed potatoes and dessert was their world famous donut holes. They come with all of these fantastic dipping sauces - yum!
Nate & Kati At The Rehearsal Dinner
On Friday, I spent the day with Kati, Mom, Cyndy, Elizabeth and Emily. We did lunch and then headed over to the nail salon to get pedicures. If you know me, you know this is complete torture since I'm so ticklish. Thankfully, Cyndy had the foresight to pour cold water on me to take my mind off of being tickled! Friday night we had dinner with the Barcklay's and the Denny's, who were up from San Diego for the wedding. Then Kati and I went back to the hotel for the delivery of the dress:
Mom & Dad Delivering Kati's Dress To The Hotel
We thought we would just hang out, watch a movie and fall asleep. Well, the next thing we knew, it was 12:30am and neither of us could sleep - I guess we were just too excited! We headed over to Hoshall's to have our hair and makeup done around 8am. The ladies there did a fantastic job on everyone, but I think my hair stylist did a particularly good job! I had seen a hair style at a wedding a couple weeks back - I gave her the idea and then she asked if she could "do her thing". I said, of course and she added some cute braids and flair to it!
My Mom & I - Also A Good Hair Shot!
Kati's hair looked spectacular as well... and she had both her veil and her tiara:
The Crowning Of A Princess
We headed back to the hotel after our hair and makeup was done to have some lunch (Togos, in case you were wondering) and then to get dressed. Kate Middleton didn't hold a candle to my beautiful sister! Nate doesn't look so bad himself! :)
Mr. & Mrs. Barcklay
The wedding ceremony went off without a hitch and was over before we knew it! Kati and Nate had rented a Hummer limo to take the bridal party and my parents to the Serrano Country Club, where they were holding the reception. The limo ride was a blast, complete with singing, dancing and a little bit of partaking. :) Needless to say, we were in good spirits when we arrived at the reception. Such good spirits that I attempted to try shrimp:
Me Trying Shrimp
Looks like I enjoyed it? Oh, that's right... I downed an entire apple martini after this...

Random party pictures:
Mom, Kati & I
Dad & I
Eva & I
Erin, Keegan & I
Brig, Injured Amber & I
The reception was seriously fun. Their DJ was absolutely amazing and did a fantastic job at keeping the party going. He took requests and then actually played them! The cake cutting was a lot of fun too - they used their nice cake cutting set, but also used a fire ax. They bought the ax as a gift for my parents (it has Barcklay and their wedding date engraved on it), but displayed it at the reception.
Kati & Nate Axing The Cake!
Mike & I Goofing Around
Sunday morning a large group of us headed to Mimi's Cafe to have brunch with the newlyweds. Then it was time to get them off on their honeymoon! I seriously can't believe that my little sister is married! I am so happy for both Kati and Nate... they're going to have an amazing life together! I know they say weddings go fast, but Kati and Nate's seemed to go by especially fast! I wish we could rewind and celebrate some more!

For more pictures, visit my Facebook page!

No comments:

Post a Comment