Sunday, June 26, 2011

Bicycles & Paper Shredders

This morning we headed out for a close to home ride. Today was the first day that it's actually been pretty warm when we started out. I ended up doing 10.46 miles with a total of 760 feet of climbing. It's no Death Ride, but it wasn't a bad workout. I think the heat got to me a little bit because I didn't make it as far as Mike did (he added another 9 or so mile loop on). It was a little disappointing, but I'm trying to remember that I haven't ridden in the heat, that this was only my third ride and that I need to build up. That said, I'm getting way more comfortable both physically and mentally on the bike. I'm hoping that in our next few rides we can start building up the distance and the hills that we're riding.

On a completely different note, today I bought a paper shredder. I know, I'm a total office supply nerd. This thing is cool though. Seriously cool. Almost as cool as my label maker. I decided it was time after I heard about identity theft again in our marriage class yesterday. I actually know someone who's laptop was stolen and the thieves got his social security number from it. They then proceeded to file his taxes and take the money he got back. Does that blow you away? I guess I would be a bad thief... I would never think of that! I've spent half the evening running around the house finding things to shred. The downside is that poor Shadow seems to think it's a vacuum cleaner without wheels. For those of you who don't know, the vacuum is the bane of Shadow's existence. To him, it apparently represents all that is evil and scary. When it even makes an appearance (on or off), it must be attacked. I'm assuming that it's the two noises that he's associating, but it's funny either way. Note to self: don't shred unless the dog is outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment