Sunday, July 3, 2011

Cameron Park Fireworks

Well, it's July already. I can't believe how quickly this year is flying by! It seems like just yesterday we were in Seattle getting engaged and now we're under the 4 month mark until the wedding!

Yesterday kicked off our 4th of July weekend extravaganza. We headed out to the Cameron Park Summer Spectacular. It's held at Cameron Park Lake. It was a pretty cool event - they had arts & crafts booths, lots of yummy food, beer booths, live music, contests and a fireworks show. It was actually one of the better fireworks shows that I've seen... it was long, full of cool and pretty fireworks.

I have to say the most spectacular part had to have been the hot dog eating contest. The winner managed to eat six hot dogs in under three minutes... it both awed and disgusted me all at the same time. I think the part that was the worst for me was the guy who was dipping his whole hot dog and bun into his cup of water before eating it. Doesn't he know that mushy bread is incredibly gross?!

We've got a lot more in store for the weekend - stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment