Monday, July 4, 2011

An American Independence Day Tradition

Yup, that's right, we're watching competitive eating. It's on ESPN right now and again, I find my self both disgusted and in awe. The best part is hearing the announcers say things about the competitors like "They've really made a huge contribution to the sport". Seriously? The sport? I suppose it is trying on your body, but if you compare that to, say the dudes riding 21 days in the Tour de France, I hardly think they're even close. However, some of the stats are pretty impressive. For example, one of the guys ate 275 jalapenos in like 8 minutes.

This morning we went for a fantastic bike ride. It's the same road that we were on last week, but this time we went earlier and I didn't have my mocha first. I think both of those were good decisions. We added some distance this time, so we ended up at roughly 16 miles with a total of 1,200 feet of climbing. I felt great when we got back to the truck!

Yesterday we went to the Blankenheim's house for their fourth of July BBQ. It was a blast - Nicki, Sheri and I brought our bathing suits and spent about an hour playing in the pool with the kids. It's been forever since I've just done handstands in the pool or did tube races! Today we're headed to my parent's for their BBQ... that's right, we've had three solid days of food, fun and fireworks!

No comments:

Post a Comment