Monday, July 25, 2011

Cycling, Burgers and Cake

Great title, isn't it? Basically, I do the first one so that I can have the second two!

We went for a fantastic bike ride yesterday. I know I keep going on and on about this cycling stuff, but I'm really getting into it. I absolutely love running, but a lot of the time it hurts. Whether it's an upset tummy or sore joints, there is a lot of mental pushing to get through a decent run. Don't get me wrong, part of what I like about running is the mental aspect. But what I love about cycling is that I don't really have that kind of pain. Since I'm getting ready to marry a billy goat, we've been doing a lot of hill climbing and descending (that's the part that is the hardest for me!). Yes, it is hard and yes, my muscles hurt. But there's something about that kind of hurt that I really like.

Yesterday was the longest ride of my short cycling career. We did 25.17 mile ride with 2,091 feet of climbing. It was fantastic. However, on the way back down the mountain people were barbecuing in their yards... nothing on this planet smells more fantastic than barbecue when you're as hungry as I get when I ride! We had planned to have chicken kabobs for dinner, but made a stop at 88 Burger (or "Happy Burger" as I call it) on the way home instead. To be fair, we ate the kabobs tonight, so no food was wasted.

Our second great feat yesterday was to meet with the baker who will be making our wedding cake. I'm very excited to say that we picked a cake! I'm not going to give it away here (there have to be some surprises at the wedding!), but it's absolutely delicious! Our baker is Ingrid Fraser and the cake that we picked is absolutely amazing! She's going to do some great stuff with the cake to make it really pretty. I can't wait!

1 comment: